Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Year: Revelations

At the very beginning of 2007, I had this feeling it wasn't a good year for me. Actually, I had this documented in a blog entry. Although nothing majorly bad happened to me; on the contrary; I defended my Master thesis and I believe I gained a sense of maturity and serenity in me, but I didn't enjoy the year as much as many of my friends did. Some would say the Master degree is a very good and major achievement, but I big to differ for a very important reason to me: I didn't feel I gave it my 100% effort, I felt obligated to finish, and I don't enjoy working under pressure AT ALL. On the other side, there is something that I had tremendous happiness achieving; that would be my TOEFL score. It's not because I studied 100% for it; you can't study 100% for a language test; vocabulary will always keep "popping up in your face", however; it was a period of study that I enjoyed immensely. I didn't look at it as an obligation; I looked at it as a sweet treat, and that paid off; I scored big time! So I'm considering this to be my only achievement that's worthy of being a source of pride.
I can consider my sense of maturity to be an additional bonus point in my achievements; I'm growing more in control of my temper, more in control of my depression, more in control of my judgment of people, more desiring to have fun in life, and more understanding of the different actions people make. I'm less and less inclined to bad-mouth people, less inclined to ignore the important things that need to be done, and less keen on appearances.
OK; maybe it wasn't that bad a year, but I have to put in mind the fact that all these revelations came very late in the year, so I'm sticking to my guns on this one; 2007 wasn't fun for me. 2008 on the other hand has this aura around it that whispers to me that maybe - just maybe - it can be a good year. It's a funny thing actually because I love the number 7 more and use it more in almost every section that involves random number choices and almost always ignore the number 8. Well, let's hope that this eight is a "magic" eight! Coming to think of it, only the zero and the eight have no end when they're written (something I'll definitely google to find any possible significance for), and guess what, I'll be 30 in 8/2008 (Man! This better mean something or I'm gonna be so frustrated!) Anyway; enough of the superstitions, bottom line is I don't know why this year will be different, but I'm sensing good things coming my way. This is practically the first time I become optimistic and even enthusiastic about something, so let's hope that at least I won't get disappointed this time. I want to go out and celebrate for the first time ever, and I feel the good spirit in me despite a lot of bad things that are happening these days.
Happy New Year everybody, I wish every one gets his or her heart's pleasure.

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates