Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Defense

Today I learnt that my Master defense date is the 20th this month, and I wasn't sure what to feel. A part of me wanted to say "Woppa!!" and yet I couldn't completely feel thrilled. I hate to defend my statements; I suck at defense, mostly because I don't believe in a lot of the things I say and I'm only saying them out of necessity or out of experience (usually unpleasant!), and partly because I don't resort to reason and instead go all emotional about what I think. What makes this worse is that I don't really think that I'm entitled to have a say or a suggestion in the scientific arena, who am I to do it?! I look up to people like Newton and Einstein and say "Wow how the human mind can work in the most brilliant ways!!" I believe that a comprehensive guidance from a true scientist can make us "good and methodological thinkers," and because I feel that I don't have that then I should sit at home and learn from scratch how to think like a scientist; how to be cool, logical, and calculating instead of passionate and nervous.
This will go to trash of course because I'll go and "defend" my so-called Master work, hopefully I won't miss things up, and more hopefully, I'm just undermining my potential in advance as a precautionary action so I wouldn't be so upset if others thought my work isn't that good.

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates