Friday, May 25, 2007

Master Defense

So, it's been a couple of days since I "defended" my Master thesis. I'm gradually gaining back a measure of my equilibrium to believe that it did happen and that I won't have my Master questioned anymore (at least not formally). I couldn't believe how much nervous I was that day until I saw the video and realized I don't want to go through with it a second time. The pictures were nice because mostly they captured happy snapshots, not the "real-time" sweat and tattering. Altogether, I'm immensely happy it's over although I'd like to go back in time and fix all the mistakes I made. But I guess a part of the past's beauty is that it's not fixable and it stands there behind your back kicking you in the "posterior" every once in a while. Well, I did not come all this way through life without learning to live with my "blaming self" and shutting it whenever it gets loud enough to interrupt my peace of mind. And I have to enjoy the freedom - temporary as it is - of not having a homework to feel guilty about when neglected.
Speaking of "real-time", one of the referees commented that he didn't see where the real time detection is in my proposed framework, well, I didn't know how to respond to that. If he was asking about how my system works in real time then it was pretty obvious that data is captured and analyzed as soon as it is formatted. If he was talking about my experiments, well, they were real time but on a miniature level, since the data was not "real" but was replayed to look like it. Maybe I didn't make my work clear enough :(
Bottom line is I'm free to shake all this out of my system and move on to new frontiers, hopefully relax a little bit and regain my focus and purpose, and see what I can do to improve myself personally and professionally.
It's not the end of road as the song says, it's a turn in the road that's still ahead.

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates