Tuesday, June 5, 2007

"Mining" my own business

It's very hard to dig under the surface of your feelings to uncover and understand deeper and possibly both more original and disturbing thoughts and emotions. That's basically what I was thinking about for the last couple of weeks, and I thought maybe if I begin writing it'll all come out into the open. It's all been about what I am truly, what are my traits that make me special in good and bad ways. I never thought of myself as "simpleminded" or purely evil, yet I know for sure that I'm superficial, greedy, and whiny. I trace these facts to my early childhood and know that some of them are the results of my upbringing. I never allowed myself to elaborate on such thinking because I did not want to face my own bad evaluation which should force me to work better on the bad stuff. I don't like it when I have to stop myself from doing something that I "like" just because it's bad or it doesn't fit the common definition of appropriate behavior. But it turns out I allowed myself too much slack that I don't know the good things in me anymore. Well, should I take the risk and begin my self-analysis? Should I take the time to fix the holes in my ship? Or should I just forget all that psychological crap and move on with my life like nothing is wrong?
The answer is probably yes, yes, and no. I hate to know that I have the strength to change, but I do, it's just that I don't want to, and in this I'm like old people who are pretty much settled in their ways and hate change. But I know better that to let my state degenerate to a person who's spiteful, hateful, and whiny, without something good to balance this out.

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates